Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Simple RPC Hello World Program

I was given an assignment to create a simple RPC program and run it. After searching the web I found a project from github (https://github.com/JulesWang/helloworld-RPC) by JulesWang. But the problem was I didn't know even to run that simple and user friendly project. Finally I found how to run it in linux platform.
This is how I did it.

1) I downloaded the .zip file from the github and extracted it.

2) I change the directory in my terminal to where I extracted above zip file.

3) According to the given instructions by the creator type following commands on the terminal.

>make
(After execution of that command all the required files will be generated since the project creator has created a makefile including all the commands to generate required files like client, server stubs etc. )

>sudo ./server
(If an error occurred, it means you may have not installed the portmapper. You can check it by >rpcinfo)

>./client localhost
(Type above command in a separate terminal)

4) Hello World output will be generated.

1 comment: